Saturday 19 June 2021

Armchair Caddy

 After making my recent Sunny Days bunting I still had some beautiful leftovers from the project and pondered all sorts of ideas but decided I could use them to make my own little armchair caddy for sewing projects. That’s what I love about sewing I enjoy the process and have something useful at the end!


So first up I lined the one remaining bunting flag I had. 

Leaving a gap at the bottom for me to turn it through.




Then I pieced together some scraps of coordinating Tilda fabric to make a band that would sit over the arm of a chair or sofa. I strengthened the pieces with some batting.


As you will see I added a small pocket and finished the other end with some binding.


Then I simply stitched in my pretty embroidered pocket!


There was still more little scraps left so I whizzed up a little pincushion which attaches to the top of the caddy with Velcro!


So pleased with how my little creation turned out…pretty and extremely useful!










1 comment:

  1. What a fab use of some of those pesky snippets - cracking job

    Have a great weekend

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete